Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm dying. That's all there is to it.

Had a friend come down from Des Moines to visit this weekend.  We stayed over in KC and I took him to the Plaza yesterday.  He's an amateur photographer, and has given me his "old" camera so we set out for things to photograph.

TWO HOURS LATER we got back to the car.  I seriously walked for two straight hours.  I didn't take a single picture.  By the time I got back up the hill to the car I thought I was going to die.  OMG I'm out of shape.

Today was somewhat better, we climbed the tower at Well's Overlook and I only wheezed and gasped for a couple of minutes.

My shins are killing me and I'm exhausted.  It's times like this when I reconsider the whole "exercise" thing.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Aileen! Not on the 'dying' part but on the walking for 2 hours part! This week, I have to admit, I have sucked at attempting anything physical. I know it is only Tuesday but I already feel like a failure because I haven't been to Curves yet this week. I AM GOING to go tomorrow with the good Lord's help. I'm trying to hang in there but this is as hard as it always is and some days I am just not that strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't know how to make a new comment on a new day, I'm just going to tack another one on this post! Thank you for the article today Aileen! I enjoyed it and I totally agree with it! I just always thought if you're fat, how could you possibly be lacking ANY kind of nutrients, vitamins, etc?? But I'm anemic and struggle with a very low iron count and low potassium, so that article came in handy! I am excited though because I didn't gain any weight this week!! I thought for sure I would have because I've been terrible at everything this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've been lax at posting, I suppose I should come up with something for tomorrow. Be sure to check out that Spark page thing I sent- I think some of the other articles are really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete