Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cornucopia

I have a lot of things I want to cover in this post- I'll try to keep the points brief, yet scintillating.

1.  Why  "Twice the Man I Used to Be" for the title?  Well, "Half the Man I Used to Be" is a song by Nirvana.  Also, in the first Men In Black movie, Will Smith's character gets into it with another cop who's, shall we say, portly.  The cop starts in on Smith, saying something like "If you were half the man I was..." and Smith interrupts with something like "I AM half the man you are.  Gotta get your tubby ass on the stairmaster."  So.  Twice the Man. 

2.  People talk about how difficult it is for them around Halloween.  Too much candy around.  Surprisingly enough, that hasn't been an issue for me this year.  I haven't been craving sweets.  I think since last Wednesday I may have had 4 pieces of Halloween candy total.  Now, we had a cheese ball witch's hat with crackers at the party at work last week and I could have eaten the whole dang thing.  What's your food trigger?

3.  GOAL POST!  Did you make yours today?  I did- just over 2 quarts of water and a 15 minute walk brisk enough to break a little sweat.  Then I rode my bike home.  I'm starting to feel a little shin splint-y, but that could be from the pre-diabetes.  Surprisingly enough they're linked.  A few more days of good walking should cure them.  (good meaning easy yet aerobic, not damaging) 

4.  I forget what my other points were.  If you wonder why, read the post from yesterday about my veggies.

3 comments:

  1. I kinda went nuts with the chocolate cany a few days ago. but my logic was to get it all out of the way... ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is my problem. I simply love food. The smell, the taste, the textures, the look. I've had "issues", shall we say, with food since I was 6 years old. I distinctly remember loving it even that far back. If it was good, I ate more, if I was nervous, upset, depressed, sad, gloomy, I ate more. Get the picture now? I cannot even begin to tell you how much weight I have lost and gained back throughout the years of being on this planet. Seven years ago, I even had gastric bypass surgery because I was clinically diagnosed as morbidly obese. EVEN after losing 139 pounds, THAT is still my classification. So needless to say, my mission is simple, just to stay alive and try my best to become healthy. No magical number, no magical size, I just want to live. I've joined Curves again and I do walk and I try and take the stairs at work when my bone spurs aren't dealing me a fit. I must say though, the elevator is a crutch for me and any excuse is a good one. I suppose I've rambled on enough for now but that's a tip of the iceberg about me and what I go through on a daily basis. Food is my downfall, my kryptonite, my drug, my everything. It truly is a battle every single day of my life being around it. If I could stop cold turkey, like I did smoking years ago, maybe just maybe...........no, I'm only kidding myself. It's unfortunate but you don't need alcohol or cigarettes to live and you can stop those things cold turkey and survive, but food.......you need that to live, so it's a matter of making the right choices every minute of every day. And my choices have not always been good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry- Brave post! It IS hard. If it was easy we'd all be size 6.

    Maybe you and Chris should compare- he's just done an amazing turn-around weight and health wise and is really inspiring me to do the same.

    aileen.

    ReplyDelete