Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The good news, the bad news

The good news first

My waist-to-hip ratio is in the "ok" range at .74.  A W-t-H ratio of .85 or higher may indicate increased health risks.  This measurement confirms that I'm a "pear" shape instead of an "apple" shape.  Apples are more suseptible to heart disease than pears. 

My blood pressure is 120/75.  Well in the normal range.  Yay!


The not so good news

My BMI is 34.  Body Mass Index correlates with body fat but does not MEASURE body fat.  Since you could have two people my height and weight, with me being one and someone like the Governator being the other, BMI is not an entirely accurate way to judge health.  However, a higher BMI on a flabby person, such as myself, usually is a bad thing, and my current number puts me in the "obese" range.  (which we already knew, right?)

A BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered healthy.  For my height (5'6") that would put me between 118 to 148 pounds.

Me.  118lbs.  FUNK.  THAT.  I don't care to be a twig thankyouverymuch. 

Actually, my ulitimate goal weight of 160 actually falls in the overweight range, with a possible BMI of 26.  Never in my life did I think I'd be setting a goal to be overweight.  *lol*


The bad and annoying news

I'm back up 2lbs.  Back to 209.  DAMN YOUUUUUUU BRENT!  I went to a wedding with fantastic food on Saturday (congrats Brent and Julie) and then a "Harvest Feast" at church on Sunday.  Oh- and sitting on my butt all week.

*sigh*  Ok.  Not the end of the world.  I can get back on track.  Friday.  Ain't no way I'm going to try and diet tomorrow.  Gobble gobble is for a reason!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment