Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm down with that.

208.  Down just over a pound, with just over 8 to go to reach my New Year's goal.

I tell you what- I'm pretty excited about the whole thing really.  I used to think of it as "OMG- I need to lose 60 pounds!"  Yes- overall I could stand to lose that much.  But that's such a huge goal.  I might as well say "I need to lose 173 pounds!" for as far away as 60 seems.

But 8.  8 I can do.  8 and a little bit will get me down under 200lbs.  Then I'll set another goal- maybe under 190 by Valentine's Day.  Little steps.  When you're climbing the stairs at the Washington Monument, the stair at the top doesn't really matter (unless you're at the top that is).  It's the stair right in front of you that makes any difference.

You remember the movie Ghostbusters?  Where our intrepid heroes are walking up the stairs to Dana's apartment in Spook Central?  Peter Venkman (Bill Murray) says "Let me know when we get to 12.  I'm gonna throw up."  See- Peter didn't make his goal to throw up once they got to the TOP of the building, he set a realistic goal about halfway.  It's in the movies?  It's gotta be true then, right?  ;)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment