Friday, October 30, 2009

Diet = die to a t

I won't diet.  I won't count calories, I won't cut out chocolate, I won't run from carbs.  (I will, however, run from bears or zombies.  Just FYI.)

I don't see the point of dieting really.  Somewhere down the line, I would stop a diet.  And then what?  Would that first Double Stuff Oreo (mmm... Double Stuff) make my thighs balloon after 6 months of an Oreo-less existance? Would a dish of pasta make my head spin?

Why take that risk?  Why not develop a *gasp* MODERATE habit of eating?  One that can be maintained for years, for life? 

yeah yeah- I know.  If it was that easy, why am I at 209 lbs? 

Because I have no willpower, duh.  The THEORY is solid.  A little of this, a little of that- everything in moderation.  But in actual personal practice it's more like "a little of this, a little of that, Hey that's good!  A lot more of that!"

That's why, in my dream world, I would have someone to make my food in individual portion sizes- no more and no less than exactly how much I need.  *sigh*  Until then though, I have to figure out how to do what I NEED to do, and make it appear that I WANT to do it.

Enter the Bento Box Lunch.  I'm not nearly cutesy enough to make little bunnies out of radishes, or carve my egg salad into Hello Kitty, but I'm down with a beautiful bit of food, packed neatly with an eye for design as well as nutrition.  I bought bento boxes (well, Kansas bento boxes) for Kate and myself, and we've done a little pseudo-bento-ing over the past few weeks.  I think though, that it is time to kick it up and do it for real. 

I don't guarantee cows and piggies, but I'll take pictures of whatever we manage.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment