Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 1, Still Tired From the Move

There's a health and wellness group at my work.  Yesterday was our first meeting.  It included a weigh in.  (voluntary)

Well, I weighed in.  9lbs lighter than I thought I was!  I'm currently 209 lbs.  Let me repeat that- two hundred nine pounds.  I'm about 5'6" tall, and my weight makes me obese. 

Huh.  Obese.  I don't feel obese.  I don't think I even look obese, although I'm sure other people do.  I like to joke that I'm older than I act, and now I'm pretty sure I'm fatter than I look.

But thinking I'm thinner than I am does not stave off the health risks I face.  I've been diagnosed as pre-diabetic.  I've been diagnosed with poly cystic ovarian syndrome.  I have phlebitis...  that's just the stuff I know about.  Kind of scary if I really think about it.

Anyway.  Here I am.  Day 1, 9lbs lighter than I thought I was, but still seriously overweight.  I've set a goal of 10lbs down in 8 weeks.  I'd like to start 2010 under 200lbs.  I know it can be done, just not sure I can do it. 

We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment